AWARDS: CRITERIA & NOMINATIONS
Nightingale Award nominations will be accepted between March 1, 2017 and May 31, 2017. Check back here in March for the online nomination form.
Nightingale Awards of Pennsylvania presents awards to exceptional nurses practicing in the Commonwealth. The awards program is intended to give state and national recognition to recipients. Each award recognizes exceptional nurses in the areas of:
- Clinical Practice LPN
- Clinical Practice RN
- Clinical Advanced Practice RN
- Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Nursing Administration - Executive (CEO, CNO or Director Level)
- Nursing Administration - Leader/Manager
- Nursing Research
- Nursing Education - Academia
- Nursing Education - Staff Development
- Community Nursing - RN or LPN
- Patient Choice Award
- Patient Choice Award - Long Term Care
With so many more specialized nurses holding diverse and innovative roles and positions in the nursing profession, today's nurses are transforming healthcare. Please select the category that best describes your nominee's contributions and achievements to their organization and/or patient population served.
Anyone may nominate a nurse for one of the awards. The awards are based on the demonstration of excellence in several areas, including how each nurse significantly influences the quality of patient care, creates a collaborative environment for the practice of nursing, models caring and compassion, and contributes to healing and health in the community.